Port Authority is seeking an Associate Counsel – Claims & Litigation to represent Port Authority as the attorney of record in civil, labor, criminal and administrative matters; provide legal advice and counsel to Authority personnel; provide legal services and counseling regarding internal and external legal matters.
- Provide proactive and effective legal representation for Port Authority and its officers and employees in a wide range of legal matters, including personal injury, property damage, unemployment compensation and contractual claims.
- Prepare legal documents including pleadings, discovery responses, motions, etc., as litigation needs dictate.
- Interview witnesses, parties, etc. for the development of facts relative to matters asserted against Port Authority or by Port Authority, as the issue or issues dictate.
- Draft, review, analyze and interpret legal documents, including civil complaints, answers, discovery matters, contracts, construction documents, etc.
Job requirements include:
- Degree of Juris Doctorate and membership in good standing of the Pennsylvania Bar.
- Valid Pennsylvania License to Practice Law.
- Minimum of three (3) years substantive experience in civil litigation with emphasis on discovery, trial preparation and trial of civil matters, including personal injury and property damage cases, in the Court of Common Pleas of Allegheny County or comparable forum.
- Admission to Pennsylvania State Courts.
- Admission to U. S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Pennsylvania and Federal Rules of Civil and Appellate Procedure and applicable statutes.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues and communicate legal advice, both in written and oral form, to non-lawyers.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of Windows, Microsoft Word, Outlook and Westlaw legal research software.
- Professional and effective communication skills.
- Experience prosecuting and defending litigation matters on behalf of a Pennsylvania government agency or Pennsylvania municipal entity.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. Interested candidates should forward a cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to:
345 Sixth Avenue, 3rd Floor
Pittsburgh, PA 15222-2527